Pumpkin seeds provide an oil whose benefits are well known in the traditional medicine. Cold pressed, pumpkin oil has many benefits for skin, hair, and for our health. In this article you will find out what are the benefits of pumpkin oil:
Pumpkin oil contains carotenoids, flavonoids, monounsaturated fatty acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, Omega 9, Omega 3, Omega 6, vitamins A, D, E, F, K, vitamin B complex, phosphorus, silicon, calcium, magnesium, sugars and proteins.
- Pumpkin oil is absorbed completely into the body in a very short time, and has generally great effects in almost all gastric affections;
- It works in increasing muscle tone, but also act on nerve endings;
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, reduces swelling of the joints and relieve pain;
- It is recognized for its anthelmintic effect, being effective in eliminating intestinal parasites and also helping to prevent allergies, contributes to a restful sleep;
- It has antioxidant properties, protects cells against the action of free radicals and contributes to the health of the immune system;
- It has a role in insulin production (it regulates the level of blood sugar), increasing male potency and regulating menstruation;
- Regulates cholesterol and stimulates kidney and digestive tract activity;
- Cold pressed pumpkin oil has not only internal, but also external, properties. It’s a special moisturizer for our skin and prevents stretch marks. It’s recommended during pregnancy to reduce the possibility of forming stretch marks, giving skin elasticity;
- It also has great effects on the scalp – it combats seborrhea and helps to stop hair loss, but also regenerate the hair;
- Treating nails with pumpkin oil is also a great idea – vitamins E and A keep them strong
- Careful!! Pumpkin oil is only used in the raw state without being heat-treated. Thus all his properties remain in oil.